Today I encountered some really strange behavior when trying to add a new column to a view that is used by a REST service. I couldn't find anything out there on this, so I decided to write a short blog post detailing what happened and how I fixed it.
I was wanting to add a new column to the underlining view that the REST service uses. The column is going to store raw HTML that I am going to use in an ExtJs RowExpander plugin. I create the new column and add it my ExtJs and nothing happens. After figuring out it wasn't my code, I checked the REST service and the column was not there.
I verified everything and even restarted Notes. To prove that the view was being read, I tried deleting a column and refreshing my browser page and sure enough the column disappeared. To test the REST service I used the URL to see the raw JSON data. (This is done by adding '/restData' after the Xpage URL, or whatever you entered for pathInfo).
|You can see here that I am reading all columns|
This doesn't work
|Column value contains only text|